Traffic and parking at drop off and collection times
8th February 2022
Dear Parents and carers,
RE: Drop off and collection of children from Rivacre Valley Primary School
We kindly request that you:
· Arrive promptly for the time your child is dropped off / collected. Please do not congregate. This helps ease congestion and keep the pathway as clear as possible.
· All adults to wear a face covering unless exempt.
· Keep the yellow zig-zag lines outside the school gate clear – do not stop and drop children off here.
· Drive and park considerately. Please do not park across the resident’s driveways.
We would also like to request continuation of some voluntary additions to the above measures:
1. One way system at drop off and collection times.
Please enter Warren Drive from the Forest Road end. Park on the side opposite to school.
This will operate from 8:20am until 9:10am and then from 3:10pm until 3:20pm.
2. Please avoid parking opposite the yellow zig-zag lines. This will provide a safe area opposite the school entrance gates for parents and children to cross.
3. Drive slowly (maximum of 20mph).
4. Give way to any traffic that has entered from the Rivacre Brow end as they legally have priority.
We hope you will agree that the above measures, if followed by all, will make the drop off and collection arrangements even safer. Your co-operation with these is greatly appreciated.
Again we truly appreciate your understanding with these arrangements.
Mrs K Docherty